The more that you read,
the more things you'll know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go.
{dr. seuss}

April 25, 2010

3 {wonder}ful things

So three things made this weekend amazing! And there's a story for each.
The first, Avatar. Once upon a time, I wasn't having the greatest day. I was tired. I felt sick. I found out something about one of my friends that made me kind of sad. And I was frustrated with an English assignment. Then it all changed. The wonderful Kathery called me and told me to come to her house where she would feed me delicious food and then we would watch AVATAR with her landlord and housemates! That definitely put a smile on my face.

The second thing will always be my favorite. I finally convince Max to take me surfing again. I did way good this time. I caught all my own waves! I still struggle staying up for a long time, but otherwise I did really good. Surfing is so fun. There's no other feeling like it. Once you get up there, it's like your flying. I just have to learn how to fly longer.

The last and third thing was totally unexpected. So once upon a time I was sitting in the RA office when I heard someone say "coconut M&M's". I was like "No Way?!?!" So I asked one of my friends about it. I asked if there was such a thing as coconut M&M's. They said there was no such thing. I was a little sad about that but I moved on. Then the next day, I was cleaning in the lounge for work when I dropped my key next to the vending machine. When I picked up my key, something caught my eye. It was an M&M's package... but it was white. I looked closer.... COCONUT M&M's!!!!!!!! It made my day! I ran back to my room and grabbed 3 quarters, 2 dimes and 1 nickel. The experience was wonderful! I love coconut M&M's!

Life just could not be better!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

sounds yummy!!! :)

glad you are getting better and better at the surfing thing!! :) I'd love to see you do it! (and do it with you!) :)

glad you got to watch avatar again and make your day that much better! friends are awesome, huh?! :)

Love you!

Barb said...

I'm glad you can find joy in relatively little things in life. I must admit that the surfing thing makes me a little anxious. I, as you mom, can't help worrying that you will break your neck....be safe! I've never seen coconut M&M's on the mainland!