The more that you read,
the more things you'll know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go.
{dr. seuss}

February 28, 2010

Tsunami!!!!!!

Saturday Morning, I got a phone call from my Hale Mom, Erin. She told me that there was a Tsunami warning due to an earthquake from Chile earlier that morning. I got up, quickly put together my own bag of food, clothes and water. Then I set out to help the rest of the Girl's in the Hale. We told all the girls to meet in the Hale Lounge at 6:00am so we could watch the news for the states plan of action and discuss the campus's safety evacuation plan. We ended up evacuating everyone upstairs by 10:30 and sat and waited for the Tsunami till 1:00pm. Here's the problem... There was no Tsunami! haha It was a crazy day though.
I'm glad nothing happened but at the same time... what a waste of energy! Now I'm totally thrown off schedule-wise. But it is okay. We're all safe! There was no damage on any of the Islands! Now we just have to focus on helping Chile.
Thank you to all those that Called or Text! I really felt your love and your prayers! Thank you!

4 comments:

Tami said...

Glad that you and Hawaii are okay!!

Katrina said...

You are so funny! We're glad you are safe and happy...sorry you're off schedule now though! (Partly YOUR fault however for staying up late Friday night! lol) :) love you!

Kylie said...

In my defense... I thought I would be able to sleep most of Saturday. Not running around trying to help little Asian girls who were freaking out about the Tsunami!

Just Only Me said...

Do you have your own set of arm floaties just in case??