The more that you read,
the more things you'll know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go.
{dr. seuss}

March 23, 2010

I must be insane!


For Hawaiian Studies, we have to pick two Hawaiian songs to represent the Hawaiian culture. We have to write an essay about both the songs and what we've learned from the lyrics. Then we have to tie that back to the history of Hawaii and the connection the people have with the 'aina (land). Simple enough right? WRONG!
So we have to present one of the songs we have chosen. Now the paper says to sing, dance or play it on an instrument. However, our teacher told our class that we could just bring a CD to play it for the class. (He only announced this because a lot of the girls were complaining). But I decided that I wasn't going to do that. So what did I do? I learned how to play Aloha 'Oe on the Ukulele! I know! It's crazy! I'll be playing like Elvis! LoL (Hence the picture)
It wasn't until now that I realized that I must be insane! I don't like singing in front of everyone! I hate it so much! But if I just play the song without singing, it won't make any sense. So I have to sing! Curses! Why do I always have to be different!? Why didn't I just present a CD? I just had to go the extra mile! Ugh!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

That is SO cool though that you learned it!! :) I can't wait to hear it! (you'll have to teach me. that would be fun to learn!) :)
You'll be great--you're a performer by nature! :)

Barb said...

I am proud of you! You should get someone to videotape it so we can see it!

Tami said...

I can't believe that you didn't do a fabulous job! I second the suggestion to take a movie of it and post it here!