The more that you read,
the more things you'll know.
The more that you learn,
the more places you'll go.
{dr. seuss}

February 2, 2011

Good things come to those who wait?!?!

So my application to go to Taiwan is in and I had my interview today over the phone. I have officially finished all I can until the ILP decides to accept me or not.

Isn't it gorgeous?!?! I really want to live there for 6 months! Although, I've heard it's like Hawaii, so if I do move there, it's really like I'm not moving at all! I guess there's that language switch but... I hear mandarin all the time in Hawaii too! :)

In my English class, we read this little line and it made me feel better about waiting to see what I'm going to do with my life for the next year.

Teach us to care and not to care. Teach us to sit still. -T. S. Elliot

I want to go somewhere so bad! And I want to go with someone! And I would love to work with little kids! I hope going to Taiwan is part of the Lord's plan, cause then I'll go for sure. But it's up to him, so we'll have to wait to see what happens.

Toodles <3 Kylie

4 comments:

Jennica Nielsen said...

KYLIE. Kyylie.
I think i am going to URKRAINE through ILP.
I have my interview this thursday!! :)I hope that you get it. i hope we both doO! how fun right?? :) :) this just made me so happy.
-jennica

Jennica Nielsen said...

haha and i did just spell Ukraine
urkraine in that comment.
funny...
im leaving it.

Tami said...

I'm definitly keeping my fingers crossed for you! We watched a documentary in one of my chinese classes this morning about Taiwan and it's political history. Would be so interesting to be there and hear it all first hand. Hey, when you go, can I come visit YOU?? ;)

Katrina said...

I am so praying for you to be able to go! I think it would be just the greatest experience for you! Hopefully Jason will put in a good word for you! (I contacted him on facebook and told him I remember him! :) lol) And you'd have SO much to blog about!! :) (Although, that would make it difficult to come see you in Hawaii sometime if you are in Taiwan...but I guess the Hawaii trip will have to wait till you are back!) ;) Love you!